More goals, this time my personal goals!
Last week I posted my blog goals for 2016, so today I’m sharing my personal goals for 2016. I spent a lot of time thinking about my personal goals because I wanted achievable ones. I wanted them to be stronger than just resolutions which everyone makes but hardly keep up with past January 15th. I also wanted goals that would be easily completed while I transition from college student to young professional. With graduation approaching in May, life is going to change and fast!
I’ve found it much harder to make personal goals than I did to make blog goals.
- Finish my novel, Southern Charm. I have been working on a YA romance since 2010. After six years it’s really time to finish it! Maybe I’ll even self-publish like my friend Laura did.
- Write a complete script. I am taking a class on screenwriting this semester and I am so excited! I’m hoping to learn many tips for creating a screenplay. I’m not sure what my script will be about, but I can’t wait to work on it!
- Learn to code. This year I really want to improve my skill set and the skill I want to learn is coding. Coding is so valuable on a professional and personal level. It looks great on a resume and would be great help in running my blog.
- Expand my business, Laine Consulting. I have my own business as a virtual and administrative assistant. I have two clients now, and I’m hoping to get three or four more by the end of the year.
- Get in shape! I was a competitive figure skater from the age of 11 to 18, but senior year of high school and the transition to college made it hard to find as much time to skate. My goal this year is to get back in shape. I think it will help with the transition from college student to working professional.