My name is Laney and I am the woman behind Modern Laine. My daily life is full of schoolwork, crafting content, creating stories and endlessly sharing on social media.
Today is a special day for me. I have been blogging on and off since I was in high school. I once had a blog named Pandamonium (Yes, it was spelled wrong. Yes, I did that on purpose). I later created a blog called Laney Logic. I was lucky if I posted five posts during the year. I just couldn’t stay consistent with it, though I tried so hard and had tons of ideas!
I decided in January of this year I would launch my own blog. It’s taken me almost nine months, but today is the day! Modern Laine is now live! To celebrate the launch I have compiled a list of 16 random facts.
- My given name is Elaine, but I prefer to go by Laney. That’s how I came up with Laine for Modern Laine.
- I graduate next spring with a bachelor’s degree in English with a concentration in Creative Writing and a minor in Communication.
- I’ve lived in Charleston, SC my whole life.
- I have 3 cats; Artemus, KoKo and Addie.
- When I was younger I wanted to be the 2nd woman president. Even as a young child in elementary school I knew that Hillary Clinton would probably beat me to becoming president.
- I have been working on a Young Adult novel called Southern Charm for five years.
- I have worked the same job for six years! I actually celebrated my six-year workaversary this past Sunday. Coincidentally, I worked my first shift on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, and six years later August 23rd fell on a Sunday again.
- I love Scooby Doo. My goal is to own every episode and movie of Scooby Doo.
- Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant!
- I have a snowflake tattoo on my right shoulder-blade. I’ve had my tattoo since my 19th birthday, so I was cool for over a year before Frozen came out.
- I am totally #TeamApple. I own a Macbook Pro Retina, iPhone 5s, and an iPad Air 2.
- I’m starting a personal assistant and technology consultant business.
- My last name is Obi, so I will make lots of Star Wars references. I hated it when I was younger, but in third grade I began to embrace it. I hold a small part of one of the biggest pop culture phenomenons of the last forty years. How freakin’ awesome is that? Awesome, it is.
- I have an obsession with Vera Bradley Purses. I own way too many, which you will see featured here on the blog and all over my social media. I’m waiting for the person snowflake Vera Bradley pattern!
- I also have an obsession with pretty notes books and fancy pens.
- My favorite number is 16!
Thanks for visiting and for helping me launch Modern Laine! Follow me on social media and subscribe to my blog via Bloglovin’ or RSS.