Summer is here, which means more time for binge watching on Hulu and Netflix as well as catching up on some summer reading My summer reading list is a mix of non-fiction, young adult, mystery, new adult and more. I like a variety of genres, just as I like a variety of TV shows and movies. It keeps me from getting bored. It takes a lot for me to really get into a book, so I’m hoping that I’ll enjoy all of these books enough to finish them.
To pick the books I want to read this summer I scrolled through my To Read list on Goodreads. I looked for the ones I was most excited about or intrigued by, as well as which ones I have on my Kindle app or physical bookshelf that I’ve been wanting to read. I had trouble deciding how many books I wanted to try to read this summer. I settled on fifteen because it felt reachable and would make a dent in my 2016 Reading Challenge. My goal is fifty-two books this year and so far I’ve read seven books.
- Rebecca – Daphne du Maurier
- On The Plus Side – Tabatha Vargo
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead – Sheryl Sandburg
- Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11) – Meg Cabot
- The Sound Of Us – Ashley Poston
- Someday, Someday Maybe – Lauren Graham
- The Selection – Kiera Cass
- We Were Liars – E. Lockhart
- The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen #1) – Alison Goodman
- Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1) – Rachel Hawkins
- Self-Help – Lorrie Moore
- The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars, #1) – Rob Thomas
- Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars #2) – Rob Thomas
- Just One Day – Gayle Forman
- Wedding Cake Murder (Hannah Swenson #19) – Joanne Fluke
What are you hoping to read this summer?
If you know any great books please share them in the comments!