College Student. English Major. Writer. Entrepreneur. Supervisor.
These are just a few of the words I use to describe myself. I am the kind of person who has a hard time defining myself because I like to do so many different things. That’s what you’ll find here on Modern Laine, many different posts about many different things.
From my keywords I’ve shared that I am a college student, specifically a senior at College of Charleston where I am studying English, Creative Writing, Communication and Film Studies. I love being an English major, even if it means reading about 200 pages a week. Being an English major has taught me so many useful skills and increased my love for the written word. As well as being an English major, I have a concentration in Creative Writing which keeps me writing fiction and I get class credit for it. It’s a brilliant thing! Finally, I have a minor in Communication, which helps with my love for social media.
Besides being a student, I am also the birthday supervisor at a local business and I have my own business as a virtual and administrative assistant. It can be difficult to run my own business, manage my department at work and be a student, but I like the challenge and that keeps me going.
ABOUT MODERN LAINE
Modern Laine is a blog dedicated to the journey from college student to young professional, as well as the struggle of managing many different roles in life, and turning a side hustle into a business. By sharing my experiences and the knowledge I gain from those experiences, I hope to show other young women that’s it’s okay to try lots of different things and like all of them while on the path to finding a career and happiness.
- I love mystery or action shows like Castle, Bones, The Blacklist, and Blindspot.
- My favorite cartoons are Rugrats and Scooby Doo.
- My favorite book is… a tie between Anne of Green Gables and Tom Sawyer.
- I don’t drink soda, except for A&W Root Beer when I need a soda buzz.
- I have three cats, Addie, KoKo, and Luna.
- I love Sailor Moon. I love it so much that I’ve had cats named Artemus and Luna.
- I adore black and white movies. My favorite classic actors are Myrna Loy, William Powell and Cary Grant.