Graduate Student. English Major. Writer. Entrepreneur. Community Outreach. Social Media. Digital Organizer.
These are just a few of the words I use to describe myself. I am the kind of person who has a hard time defining myself because I like to do so many different things. That’s what you’ll find here on Modern Laine, many different posts about many different things.
From my keywords, I’ve shared that I am a college student, specifically a graduate student at the University of Florida where I am studying to earn a Masters in Communication with a focus on social media.
In 2017 I graduated from the College of Charleston with a Bachelor of Arts in English, a concentration in Creative Writing and a minor in Communication. I love being an English major, even if it means reading about 200 pages a week. Being an English major taught me so many useful skills and increased my love for the written word.
Besides being a student, I am also the Community Outreach and Events manager at a local business and I have my own business as a virtual and administrative assistant. It can be difficult to run my own business, manage my department at work and be a student, but I like the challenge and that keeps me going.
ABOUT MODERN LAINE
Modern Laine is a blog dedicated to the journey from college student to young professional, as well as the struggle of managing many different roles in life, and turning a side-hustle into a business. By sharing my experiences and the knowledge I gain from those experiences, I hope to show other young women that’s it’s okay to try lots of different things and like all of them while on the path to finding a career and happiness.
- I love mystery shows like Murdoch Mysteries, Castle, and Bones.
- My favorite cartoons are Rugrats and Scooby Doo.
- My favorite book is… a tie between Anne of Green Gables and Tom Sawyer.
- I love British history, especially about British Monarchs.
- I have four cats, Addie, KoKo, Luna and Diana.
- I love Sailor Moon. I love it so much that I’ve had cats named Artemus, Diana, and Luna.
- I adore black and white movies. My favorite classic actors are Myrna Loy, William Powell, and Cary Grant.